Once you hear the words, “you have cancer,” everything in your life shifts and changes. Women with any type of cancer diagnosis are welcome at these monthly groups, whether you are newly diagnosed, working your way through treatment or just finishing treatment. Join other women in a safe, confidential and non-judgmental environment to talk and get support on all the different ways cancer impacts your life. Through educational speakers and open discussion learn ways to help manage your cancer and not be managed by your cancer.
Seattle: Northwest Hospital, Medical Arts Building, Suite 112
Facilitated by Basha Brownstein, MSW
4th Saturdays, 10am-12pm
Sept 21, Oct 19*, Nov 16, Dec 21
(*Oct 19 meeting will be at the Medical Office Building in the Cancer Conference Room)
- Sept 21: “Naturopathic Approaches to Combating Brain Fog” by Eleonora Naydis, ND, FABNO, Lac
- Oct 19: “Financial Planning for Cancer” by Tony Leahy, CENTS
- Nov 16: “The Powerful Impact of Telling Your Story” by Donna Oiland
- Dec 21: “Getting Ready For the New Year With An End-Of-Year Ritual” by Basha Brownstein, MSW
Renton: Valley Medical Center, Medical Arts Center, Breast Center Conference Rm
Facilitated by Tricia Matteson, MSW, LICSW
3rd Wednesdays, 1-2:30pm
Aug 21, Sept 18, Oct 16, Nov 20, Dec 18
- Oct 16: “Managing Stress Through Nutrition” by Marilyn Walls, M.S.
- Nov 20: “Meditative Art Journaling” by Pamela Krueger